BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SERVICES (COUNSELING)
Behavioral Health Clinicians (Counselors) and Primary Care Providers (Doctors and Nurse Practitioners) work together to provide the best care for adults, children, youth and families within the health center. Your Primary Care Provider will ask you about your physical and behavioral health including your mood, energy, sleep, appetite, and ways you deal with stress.
The Primary Care Provider may ask another team member, a Behavioral Health Clinician to offer additional assistance in meeting your healthcare needs and goals. This team will determine how to best help you reach these goals and develop a treatment plan to help you succeed.
We all need to take care of both our physical health needs and our behavioral health needs. The mind and the body cannot be separated; symptoms and illness in one impacts the health of the other. Both physical health and behavioral health benefit from prevention efforts, screening tests, routine check-ups, and treatment.
The Behavioral Health Clinicians can provide the following services:
- Stress / Anxiety / Fear / Worry / Anger / Resentment
- Conflicts (Workplace, Couple, Family, Children, or School)
- Loss of Energy / Loss of Appetite / Poor Sleep
- Trauma / Domestic Violence / Abuse (Sexual, Physical, Emotional, Neglect)
- Grief / Loss / Feelings of Sadness / Divorce
- Feeling Empty, Lonely, or Unmotivated
- Crisis / Suicidal Thoughts
OUR SERVICES INCLUDE
- Screenings for Adults and Children
- ADHD Screenings for Adults and Children
- Treatment for Mental Health and Substance Abuse
- Education on health condition
- Coordination of care among multiple healthcare providers
Services are provided by Licensed Clinical Social Workers, Licensed Independent Substance Abuse Counselors and Licensed Professional Counselors. All services are available in English and Spanish.
Psychiatric treatment is available to patients registered in our health centers. The Psychiatrist provides: Diagnostic Evaluations, medications, and monitors care and progress of the patient towards treatment and recovery goals. The Psychiatrist also participates in a multidisciplinary team with the medical providers and the counselors to best address your health care needs.
These services are simply another part of your overall health care. We care about you and your Behavioral Health is important to us.
COMMUNITY & HEALTH CENTER
1300 S. 10TH STREET
PHOENIX, AZ 85034
GOLDEN GATE CAMPUS
COMMUNITY & HEALTH CENTER
1625 NORTH 39TH AVE.
PHOENIX, AZ 85009
1510 S 19TH DR, STE 100
Phoenix, AZ 85009-6540