"Golden Gate" site, 1625 N. 39th Ave. Phoenix, AZ 85009
"Coffelt" site, 1510 S. 19th Ave. (1-2days per week)
Position Summary: The Enrollment Specialist is responsible for providing assistance in all aspects of the Health Benefits Resource Center, which provides enrollment assistance to families and their children in a variety of health-related programs and other support services for Wesley Community & Health Centers (Wesley)
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the following satisfactorily; other duties may be assigned. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides eligibility screening and enrollment assistance for uninsured and underinsured patients.
- Screens all uninsured clients for any government and/or private health insurance coverage, and if none, then works to obtain eligibility for entitlement programs, and works to qualify them into county, state, or hospital assistance program.
- Answers incoming calls and supports Wesley Health Center services and special events.
- Participates in outreach events and provides onsite enrollment assistance with specific agencies.
- Conducts activities in accordance with the Outreach Plan as assigned by the Outreach and Enrollment Program.
- Accomplishes daily enrollment/disenrollment operations, including application review, entering applications into system and submissions to health insurances, and obtaining missing information for enrollment completion.
- Interacts with Program Director and Medical Management to assure accuracy of outgoing demographic and special status eligibility information.
- Investigate, analyze, and resolve outstanding issues to achieve customer satisfaction and takes responsibility for following through and bringing issues to closure.
- Maintains complete accurate documentation of all customer interactions and maintain production levels and quality goals.
- Participates in training and continuing education per agency and contract regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Promotes positive patient/guest relation in accordance with Wesley's policies, providing a high level of quality in personal attention and service to patients and visitors.
- Observes Wesley's policies concerning unscheduled absences and reports unscheduled absences in accordance with departmental procedures. Has three or fewer occurrences of unscheduled absences in a 12-month period.
- Complies with Wesley's Safety Policies and Procedures. Ensures compliance with governmental licensing and regulatory requirements where applicable. Conducts annual review of and complete/suggest on-going revisions of the Policies and Procedures specific to his/her department. Maintains familiarity with and abide by all established facility and departmental policies and procedures, noting changes when they are published/posted. Conducts himself/herself in a professional, courteous, and appropriate manner.
- Observes and respects the confidentiality of information in regard to patients (HIPPA), visitors and fellow employees including salary information, if exposed to any of the above referenced information in the course of his/her job function.
- Demonstrates an understanding of facility organizational structure by utilization of appropriate channels of communication. Maintain consistent, timely communication regarding all facets of departmental activities with his/her co-workers, therefore, demonstrating good customer service skills with both external and internal customers.
- Must be able to embrace differences among people and able to interact with internal staff as well as external contacts in a culturally competent and respectful manner.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Communications - Expresses ideas and thoughts verbally; expresses ideas and thoughts in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School/GED; some college preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- 1-year related customer service experience
- Technical computer skills
- Fingerprint clearance check
- Ability to work with a diverse population.
Read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Write routine reports and correspondence. Speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.
Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
MS Office and MS Office 365, eClinicalWorks, PointCare Enrollment Management System, AuntBertha Community Resource Referral Tool
Certificates and Licenses:
Community Health Worker (CHW) Preferred
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk and hear and use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
WCHC’s Expectations of all Employees
- Adheres to all WCHC Policies and Procedures
- Conducts self in a manner that represents WCHC’s Values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related internal and external contacts
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Departmental and WCHC concerns
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
- Actively participates in all required trainings
- Empowered to provide outstanding service to all customers
Wage: $14.50 per hour
Location: 1625 N. 39th Ave and 1510 S 19th Ave. (1-2 days per week)
Ready to apply? Fill out the form below and upload your resume. We'll be in touch soon.